Friday, February 08, 2008

CanCon Friday - Doug And The Slugs



This band bestrode the Vancouver scene like an alternative colossus during the 1970's and '80's, with catchy ska-influenced tunes that made a night out with them a party to remember.
They were true road warriors, relentlessly touring the country to packed clubs and concert halls during their peak, and even after.

Sadly, upon the passing of lead singer and founder Doug Bennett in 2004, they have ceased as a creative entity. Check out their back catalog if you're so inclined, especially the earlier albums like Cognac & Bologna.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I like it.
There are parts of this that remind me of other bands and when I tried to put my finger on it, I realized it is more of the time frame than another band.
Cool.
I damn near forgot to swing by!
Sittin' here surfin' around an' I went Shit! it's Friday,I best go see what treats DB has this week.
Glad I remembered!